Choosing the right ecommerce platform is not easy and you know it! Here are 10 must-have and valuable ecommerce solutions features for all new website owners!
It is pretty challenging today for new website owners to decide on which ecommerce platform to go with. There are so many shopping cart packages and options to choose from which make the deciding process even more difficult. If you are not sure which option or platform to choose, calm down as you are not the only one. This is a common situation, but we are here to help you.
We are going to present you the most important features one ecommerce solution should offer. Keep these features in mind and we promise you that you will be able to find the perfect platform for you and your new online store:
- Disk Space – You need to make sure you have enough disk space to host all of your photos and other data on your ecommerce store. For a new online store, 5GB of space should be enough at the beginning.
- Security – Ask yourself – Would you shop at a website you think it is not 100% secure? You need to make sure the shopping cart you decide to use comes with fully encrypted protection or 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer or SSL. If you want to convince your customers you are safe and secure place to shop, you need to have a proper protection.
- Bandwidth – If you are just starting your business, it means you store is new and it is unlikely to experience heavy traffic. For starters, 6GB of bandwidth should be enough, but if you need more bandwidth in the feature, see if you can buy more.
- Payment Processors – A lot of stores use more than one payment processor to accept payments. Usually, one is for local customers and one for international ones. The problem for many retailers is to find a payment processor for local purchasers. Before you decide to use a certain ecommerce solution, check the payment processor list and see if they have what you need.
- Quick Checkout – Simple and quick checkout is a great option for purchasers who want no complicated purchases. The customer is satisfied, you are satisfied, it is a win-win situation.
Some other features to keep in mind are the number of products you are allowed to add to your new store, product zoom tool for better showcasing the products, drop ship, automated email, cross sell, free live chat software, mobile commerce, SEO friendly, and Facebook commerce.